Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Progress and a Great Artist Having a Sale

Art & Ghosts is having a sale!  Ooh!  I love her work.  I bought a print from her ages ago, here it is:

So, my sister came over on Saturday and tried to help me a little with the studio/dining room mess. I think she may have been a little non-plussed by it.  (Although she saw it a few weeks ago, so I could be wrong.)  We got a start on it.  She's got a label-maker, so at some point she will be helping me separate and categorize things in a (hopefully) more efficient way.

See, the paints (tubes are on the right, behind the brushes) are on the second shelf, which is their permanent (for now!) home, although I will probably arrange them to be a little more convenient for working.  The worktable, although still covered in tons of stuff, is somewhat clearer.  And all my WIP are on top of the shelf, to the left.  See that wood frame-looking thing around the plastic tubs on top of the shelf?  That is one of 8 stretcher sets that are 5-1/2 inches deep that I got on Craigslist.  How cool is that?  I haven't stretched any canvas over them yet - but I have the canvas (you can just see the edge of the plastic wrapped bundle in the foreground of the picture below).  They're so thick, we're thinking of making shelves out of a couple, too.  Where we think we're going to get the wall space for that I'm not sure...

This one's a little blurry, but I was too lazy to go take another picture!  This is the table where the paints and their towers of toppings used to reside. (see the first two pictures in the post below) It's a little more clear now - look! Actual table top is showing there on the right!  My goal is to eventually eliminate the presence of this table in my dining room.  Wish me luck!  See my cute, metal doctor's cabinet there on the left?  Wouldn't it be nice if its cuteness were visible in its entirety?  One can dream...

No comments: