Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Winner! (and a guide to the friends)

So, finally!  Finally I am posting the winner.  Thanks to everyone who entered.  This time, for the first time ever, I had way more entries on Facebook than I did on the actual blog.  Way, way more - over 600% more entries came in via my Facebook message box.  How the world is changing, huh?  So here you go -

The official drawing basket...


The official daughter drawing a name...
(do you sense a Hello Kitty theme in our house?)


The official winner!
The Melange Team's own
Linda - Midwestie Lady!
Hurray!



Linda will receive this magazine, the latest issue of Cloth Paper Scissors...



and this piece of art, made by me...



And if you're curious, this amended picture has the names of each friend (There were actually 76, but I realized that you would really have to be familiar with them to have seen a couple of them - so I just included all the entries):

 
(the names can be read if you click on the picture)

Optional Reading:

The Excuse(s)


I am terribly sorry it has taken me so long to get this posted.  It's been a crazy week and a half!  In eleven days we celebrated Thanksgiving twice at 2 different locations, each an hour's drive away, Rexy has not been in school since the 18th - 1 sick day, 3 snow days, 2 school holidays, and 1 teacher workshop day, The DH did not go to work on the 3 snow days, I attended 2 school meetings, 1 school arts/music event and somehow managed to keep my sanity despite my loss of Mommy's Me Time that was essential to my schedule for being ready for the two shows I'm selling at on Thursday and Saturday of this week.  Panic?  Me?  You betcha, sister!!!  Oh, and my dishwasher is broken.  (Okay, sure, I did manage to break away and go see Harry Potter with a friend - but I'm pretty sure that was necessary decompression, or something.)

2 comments:

whyte said...

Congrats to Midwestie, that particular issue of CPS is one of the best, crammed with great things....you know how some issues of some pubs just do that for us once in awhile, well that one sure did for me. Adorable way to share the participants in your drawing Laurie, now that would have taken me a couple of hours to set up and do that!! If not more!

Midwestie Lady - Linda said...

I'm sooooo excited to win! I love your art with the bird. It will have a place of honor in my art studio! And the magazine will be exciting for me too. Since I'm back to paying rent each month I don't have subscriptions to my fav mags any more, so this will be such a treat! Thank you so much! Here's my address:
Linda Harbin
7040 N. Waterfall Terrace
Citrus Springs, FL 34434