Sunday, November 14, 2010

Art Every Day Month, Days 11 and 12 --- Um, just make that Day 11

November 11th and November 12th

Well I spent much of my time yesterday and today working in photoshop and searching the internet for appropriate - and free - photoshop brushes.  I was working on a Save the Date card for the school auction.  Which will have to relate to the eventual invitation and program.  The school's theme this year is "under the sea," or something of that nature.  Hence the shell/seahorse/water images.  Of course I second, third, fourth and fifth guessed myself.  I decided to make a printout of each one and take them to the next meeting.  Part of the problem is that they have to be cheap, cheap, cheap!  That means one color printing.  We can buy colored paper and cardstock, I just have to be sure that I get enough of each so that we don't have a "color discontinued" issue at the last minute. As you can see, school related activities get me a little bit tense and humorless.  I kind of don't recognize myself at these times.  What is the deal?  Am I the only one with this issue?


The other thing I worked on today is this little painting.  My goal is to make affordable art for the two sales I'm doing this holiday season.  They're both small events, so I really need to be the one people choose to buy from if we're going to have Christmas this year.  I keep fighting with myself, because I want to be true to my self - but I need to sell, too.  Then I get into that dilemma of trying to make what sells instead of what makes me happy.  Agh!  I guess that's the eternal dilemma for artists, isn't it?

Uh, never mind!  I wrote that, then went to take a picture and - the camera's battery was dead.  Sigh.  I'll save Day 12 for the next post.

No comments: