Friday, October 10, 2008

And The Winner Is...


Hopefully this still counts as a Friday announcement, since it's (barely) before midnight! I guess I should have used a green background with these pics to coordinate with my blog template. Oh, well. I was in a polka dot mood.

Since I was taking pictures of the event, I decided to use the fancy scissors. Oh, yeah. I'm going all out for this!

Okay, I'm not exactly sure what kind of hat it is; but it looks very Napoleonic. Phil bought it years ago for a costume - or maybe just because he liked it, I forget which - and it now resides practically in the middle of our living room on top of a painted-gold(metallic)-distressed-with-black, Easter Island, tiki-head statue. I'm not kidding. He's very attached to it. I just try to pretend it's not there...

He was so shy about having his picture taken while doing this that I agreed that he could just be a hand model. I was playing with the "lighting effects" control on PSE in case you're wondering about the odd spotlight effect.


And so the winner is...Lorraine of Glimmering Prize!

(PM me on the ZNE network with your address Lorraine and I will pop your new painting in the mail to you.)

Thank you so much to everyone who participated! It was fun! I need to have more contests, I think. I hope I will still know you all when I get to 200 posts. It's a priviledge and an honor to know you.

5 comments:

Sherri said...

This post made me chuckle! too cute

Unknown said...

How exciting! When I saw my name on the first pix it was so suprising--almost as though I myself had won!!! Congrats to Lorraine. Thanks Laurie for Living Out Loud.

Tina
Dzyned 4 U

:)

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

Congratulations, Lorraine but I do believe that was a hanging chad. I demand a re-count. LOL!

reagan said...

Hey girlfriend, go over to my blog and claim your award-lol!
xoxo
Pam

glimmering prize said...

yeah!!!! I won!!!
so much for me being on top of things!!! thanks laurie!