Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Blog Strikes Again!

For the second time since I started this blog an old friend has gotten in touch with me through it!

The first person, about a year ago, was an old friend who had been the officient at our wedding - Shelley. We've since gotten together a few times and it was great to reconnect.

The second time was just the other day! My old friend Jen googled me and found this blog. Jen and I first met when she worked at a bead store that I often went to as a fledgling jewelry designer. It was the beginning of my bead addiction. Do I blame Jen for my bead-junkie woes? Noooooooooooooooooo. But she was so nice! We connected right away. I'm sure if she'd been a mean person I wouldn't have made as many treks to the bead store as I did. So I wouldn't say it was her fault, exactly, but she could possibly be prosecuted for "contributing to the delinquency" - or something.



Bead Storage

This is one of those big tool boxes with 5 drawers, an upper compartment, and a cabinet below - and it's completely full. I have to shift everything around just to get the smallest thing in it. This is just a picture of the top 4 drawers.

This is an item I made for a swap with Jodi Barone, whose daughter's birthday is the same day as Rexy's. My thought for this is that quote, "When my child was born I suddenly knew what it was like to have your heart live outside of your body." (I'm wildly paraphrasing, I can't remember the exact wording - but you get the drift.)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey!!! so glad to hear back from you! that link didn't work, so here's my email... jennifer-lawson@comcast.net

louisa is a lovely name, but i'm still jennifer lawson!! too funny.

:)

Anonymous said...

and to think i was going to offer you any of my unused beads that you wanted! i would hate to lead you further down the path of addiction...i hate enablers!
VIVA LA BLOG!!!
;)
jen

kristin said...

it's crazy for me when people from my past find me through my blog. but it's kind of fun too :)

lovely collage!