Sunday, May 6, 2007

Now you're It! (some of you)


I've been tagged! Gail at Shabby Cottage Studio tagged me today. What that means is that I am to post 7 random facts about myself and then name 7 other bloggers in this blog and notify them on their blogs that they are tagged and tell them to read about it here. Whew! I hope I have it right.

Here are my 7 facts:

1. I eat peanut butter toast every day
2. I cry like a baby over the slightest sentimental thing on TV (don't even get me started on Oprah and Extreme Makeover Home Edition!)
3. Some members of my family call me Daisy
4. I've lived my entire life in Washington State and I have never been to Mount Rainier
5. I'm terrified of having nothing to do
6. My biggest disappointment in life is that I can't sing to save my life - tone deaf and unable to carry a tune. :-( Which doesn't stop me from singing, it just means no one wants to be around when I do...
7. I can't stand absolute silence. I have to have music or TV on and it scares me when people don't talk.
8. My 2nd favorite sound (right behind my daughter's voice) is the sound of cars driving on wet pavement in the rain

I'm tagging the following people:

Astrid Zucker
Lennea Truesdell
Pam Carriker
Chrysti
Stacie Williams
Linda/Prim Dollie
Fiffany aka Tiffany Jane Marshall

The photo above is a detail of a wall hanging I did for JoAnna Pierotti as a ZNE We Care project. Luckily she is about at the end of her chemo treatments and is back and, if her blog is any indication, creating up a storm! Congratulations JoAnna!

I was thinking of creating cards using this image, but I wasn't sure if it would be appropriate since I gave it as a gift. What do you think? Please post a comment with your opinion. Thanks!

6 comments:

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

We have things in common Laurie...I can't even watch Extreme Makeover anymore because I cry so much I get a headache! And I absolutely love to sing but my sister, who is the singer in
the family, is always telling me not to sing, so I sing when no one is around ;-) LOL

easyjourney said...

Thanks for tagging me Laurie! I eat peanut butter toast almost every day! xxoo Astrid

easyjourney said...

Laurie! thanks for the detailed instructions for the html!! I really appreciate it. I did it thanks to you! xxoo Astrid

Anonymous said...

I wasn't sure how I'd use a blog, but I've found comfort in comments made by strangers who have experienced the death of their mothers too. I really appreciate your book recommendation and your other comments. Yes, please add me to your blog and let me know if I can add you to mine.

Anonymous said...

Did mine!

Kim Newberg Imagesbykim said...

Hey Laurie, glad you got your package today, hope you can find some use from it.
I hadn't heard from you about your choice so I just sent ephemera, sorry, had I known you would have liked art I would have sent something, maybe next time, keep posting!
I thought I had my very own "groopie" when I saw all of your posts today LOL I thought I bet your mail hadn't come yet or maybe you would get the pack tomorrow. I was very late getting them out. Just had too much on the go this last few weeks.

Later.....
kim