Tuesday, March 13, 2007

At last! A new entry...



I've been very remiss in my (non-existent) blogging habits. We're on a new schedule here now that Rexy is in pre-school 4 days a week. We've entered the No Nap Zone (cue horror movie music) and my free time has been somewhat curtailed.





I've also been laboring over my Cercles d'Ame round robin project over at ZNE. Of course much of that labor is time spent sitting at the table staring at various supplies and trying to decide on the perfect item to use. Essentially what we're doing is 2 groups of 6 people are passing around art journals/books. Our theme this time is "What do you love about life?" Each person starts a book and then sends it on to the next member on their list. After it has gone around to all 6 members in your group you get your original book back, assemble it and voila! A completed piece of collaborative art! This is the cover of my book. I used this really cool stuff called molding paste (or modeling paste?) to create the texture on the heart. That was tons of fun. When I get more time (???) I want to experiment with it. I also tore out bits of text on color theory from my old interior design textbook (that I used in 1984!) and glued them vertically. My favorite part of the whole thing, though, is the feather ribbon I used to separate the fields of color. Ribbon made of feathers! I'm totally in love with it. I found it at the local costume and diplay store, in all the many trips I've made to the craft and fabric stores I've never seen anything like it.

Here's a link to the Cercles d'Ame gallery on ZNE:
http://www.zneart.com/galleries/Cercles-dAme%2C-What-do-you-Love-about-Life

Only 3 of us have uploaded pictures so far, but I expect we'll have everyone's completed books in there by the end of the project.

I wrote a poem inspired by my sweet girl that I used inside my book. Here it is:

If my eyes were a camera - I would take a picture of you - every minute - of every day - So I could savor - the sight of you - and the light of you - in future times - and remember - how you look - right - now.

I couldn't figure out how to single space my lines so I had to use hyphens to show line breaks.

The sentiment of the poem is so true for me. I am constantly looking at her and thinking how perfect and sweet she looks right at that moment.

No comments: