Thursday, April 12, 2007

You're not kidding, It's a Small World!

I finally posted some of the doll making parts I got at a fabulous church rummage sale a few weeks ago. I priced them at a buck apiece, I like them but I've got nowhere to store them. I'm going to try and put the remaining faces and the hands on either tonight or tomorrow.

Here's the link to our store: http://tinyurl.com/3a8f97

Small World time...
So, last week the most unbelievable thing happened. Not only did Shelley, the friend who officiated our wedding who we haven't talked to in about 3 years, find me and contact me via this very blog - but my best friend from high school and I reconnected in the most "It's a Small World" way. ZNE put out a call to its members for people to apply to be on their inaugural Design Team. I was one of the lucky ones to be chosen and I spent the next 3 days lurking about on the newly created discussion board just for Design Team members. I recognized a lot of names from ZNE and other eBay groups that I belong to. Finally I wrote up the requested "let me introduce" myself post and posted it around 2am. The next day I visited the board to see if anyone had responded. Well, there were a lot of kind notes welcoming me and then this:

"Ok, I have goose bumps, I am originally from the Seattle area, Federal Way, and my best friend in high school lived across the street from me and her name was Laurie Blau. If you are that Laurie this is too cool! I will be anxiously awaiting your reply!!!"

I am that Laurie!!! I couldn't believe it. Not only are we making art in the same medium, and not only do we belong to the same worldwide organization, but we were also both chosen to be on the Design Team - could anyone have predicted this??? We haven't seen each other in probably 22 years!

I may have to go buy a lottery ticket or something...

6 comments:

Lennea said...

Love these faces! I just bought some on ebay! I can't wait to play! I created a doll yesterday and posted it on my blog www.onceuponacottage.blogspot.com
have a BLESSED DAY!
Lennea

TiffanyJane said...

Hi Laurie!! Yes, it is a small world, I thought that was neat reading about yall catching up!! You just never know what road life is going to have us travel...thought that was really neat! blessings, Tiffany :) ...great blog too!!

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Hi Laurie! Thanks for your comment on my blog! I have added you and would love it if you would do the same :). As for adding a picture to my blog header, I just clicked on customize, then on the Template tab, then click on "edit" where you see the box with your blog title. A box for "description" will be there and this is where I posted the image code for my banner like I would post a pic. on my ebay template < img src=..... And voila!
have a great day!
Kristin

Melissa, Ken and Sophia Seigfried said...

That is too cool! It certainly is a small world!!

Melissa, Ken and Sophia Seigfried said...

Got your blog listed on my fav blogs to visit! Thanks so much for listing mine and visiting! : ) Hugs...Mel

easyjourney said...

Wow Laurie! Hey how's that for a blast from the past! So happy for your re-found friendship! Hugs From Astrid