Sunday, August 22, 2010

What an Art Supply Bonanza!!!



Don't these look nice???  They were given to me!  My cousin was helping a friend of the family clean out his father's house after he passed away (Rest in peace, Win.).  Both of Win's (the father) wives had been artists and there were tons of art supplies.  Dana (the son) didn't know what to do with everything and my cousin said that I would be happy to have them - and she was right!  Aren't they gorgeous?  And look how many!  There are TWENTY-SIX brand new, unused brushes there!  Can you believe it? 26!!!

And that's not all!  Take a look at this unbelievable sight:

Drum-roll.........
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

These are the used brushes!  Look at that!  I first thought that I would be able to get them all in the green jar that that same cousin had given me for Christmas this last year (See next image, isn't it cool?).  But I was sorely mistaken!  Three containers later...Wow! There are 145 brushes in the picture above!!!  For those counting at home, that is a total of ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-ONE brushes!  I may faint...

(These are the super-tall ones only - and the jar is filled up!)

There were also these (mostly unused - and what's there is fantastic) sketchbooks:

These 2 smaller (with just 2 or 3 totally sweet watercolor paintings) watercolor pads/books:
(How awesome are those graphics?)
And these extra large pads.  One 140lb, 24"x 36" water color paper.  One is a mystery weight 11"x15" watercolor pad (cover is gone).  One is a 13.25"x17" sketch pad for charcoal, pencil and watercolor - nice, heavyweight paper.  One is a medium textured, 12"x16" canvas pad. 


There is also (not pictured) this nifty contraption for holding tight the canvas sheets - I think.  I haven't quite figured it out yet.  I'm going to take it to Gini (when I finally get over there, Gini!) and ask her opinion about it.  My cousin said there is also an easel - very sturdy, she said - that she couldn't fit into her car that she's going to go back and get (Pinch me!). I simply cannot believe my luck!  I keep looking at them.  It's just amazing.

Thank you 
Winston, Dora Mae, Margit, 
Dana, and Kim E.





Winston Coy, the most elegant man I've ever known.  
Loved by many. 
His passing was noted here.

1 comment:

GiniGL said...

Laurie - you deserve this haul - because you are SUCH an incredible person! WOWOWOW is all I have to say - my goodness girlfriend, you're going to have to build a studio just to hold them all! And an easel?? Be still my heart. Congratulations - I can't think of a more deserving artist.