(definitions courtesy of Lennea)
"Unlike many other blogging awards, THIS award requires much thoughtful deliberation and strict adherence to the following CREATIVE SNIT AWARD criteria.
This award shall be presented only to worthy artists who have shown evidence of being in a creative snit.To help with the selection, we need a common frame of reference.
I found this definition of snit:
snit; noun; a state of agitated irritation; "he was in a snit"
However, I think a CREATIVE SNIT requires a somewhat different defintion:
Creative Snit; noun; a state of creative chaos, creative frustration, or a state of obsessive creativity: "she was in a creative snit."
Therefore, worthy recipients of this prestigious award should demonstrate one or more of the following criteria:
1) photos of their chaotic creative studio spaces (see my blog for example)
2) reports of staying up till the wee hours of the morning while consuming large amounts of coffee and or chocolate in order to finish a swap or prepare for a show
3) documented frustration over the creative process
4) evidence of a large quantity of art created over a small period of time
5) photos of the recipient at vendor night at any art retreat ( it goes without saying that ALL attendees at such events are either in or will soon be in a creative snit)AND FINALLY
6) ( created especially for Jan) witnessing the recipient in a SNIT at a CREATIVE EVENT!"
I'm not sure that Jan even knew about the time I stayed up all night trying to finish a magazine submission! (Or the one-hour of sleep night, or the 2-hours of sleep night, or...) She has seen pictures of my far from neat workspace - that I'm currently not working in! Hence the documentation of frustration over my creative process. If I haven't hit all the points yet (haven't been to an art retreat), I'm sure I will someday!
I hereby award the following:
1. Dana at Eccentricities Studio
2. Gina of Lilly's of Londonish
3. Pam of The Bag Lady's Art
4. Gail at Shabby Cottage Studio
Not everyone here has necessarily shown public evidence of having been in a Creative Snit, but I feel the kindred spirit through the internet connection. I'm sure they all have been in Creative Snits at one time or another.
There is no requirement for awarding this prize to others. You can if you wish and you can award as many as you wish.