Thursday, March 29, 2007

Avoidance, or I Might Even Do Dishes



I'm actually getting another post in before the end of the month! Of course this virtue is overshadowed by the fact that I'm using the blog as a method of avoiding finishing my current Cercles d'Ame project. I have been utterly devoid of ideas. I have managed to lay down some backgrounds on the pages and I'm toying with some things but nothing is thrilling me.


Besides practicing avoidance, I've been really busy the last couple of weeks helping my DH set up a presentation on Vintage Bicycles at a local library branch. Vintage (specifically, although not limited to, pre-war) bicycles are his passion. Several times a year our lives are consumed by his hobby. Last week was one of those times. The presentation was a fundraiser for a Vintage Bicycle Concours we put on at the LeMay Museum in Tacoma, WA. Here is a picture of the flyer he designed and made for this year's event. I think it's super cute and the poster he's designed for the event is amazing. It's not on this computer, but I'll post it as soon as he loads a copy in.


I did manage to make something for the Art Squared theme week (Cirque) on eBay. I used one of my favorite pictures of my grandmother from about 1944. I used the modeling paste again, in the diamond pattern, and I loved the finished product. Unfortunately, no one else seemed to love it as much as I did. I didn't even get one watcher. I think it was the price. I'm used to pricing things a certain way - I finally got over underpricing after all those years of selling jewelry - and I guess the general wisdom is that you underprice art on eBay until you're somewhat established. I read a great blog on being successful as an eBay artist - this woman has been know to sell 25-30,ooo a month!!!. I don't know that I can take all of her advice, but I think a lot of it made sense. I've relisted it, changed the price - actually I raised the price but took off the reserve that was higher, and I changed the heading to Children's Room Art. It's a gamble, but I thought it was worth a try. I've actually gotten some traffic and I didn't post my new listing on any of the eBay groups or ZNE. So that's encouraging, right?
Well, I better go work on my pages - I'll be up all night, I'm sure...Night everybody.




No comments: