Thursday, April 10, 2008

An Award! And a Swap, a Stamp, and I'm published again!

Isn't that a beautiful award? The lovely and wonderful Kat gave me this award this morning! Now I must decide which 5 (yes, merely five) people to award it to whose art and blogging I find inspirational.

I was going to give you my reasons for picking these fabulous women, but I decided that their blogs and their art speak for themselves.

1. Pam Carriker

2. Suzan Buckner

3. Brandie Butcher-Isley

4. Judy Wilkenfeld

5. Gina Smith


If you are a recipient of this award, the following are the accompanying rules. (no pressure though - since they're not my rules I don't feel too attached to them!)

1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her/him the award itself.
4. The award winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte y Pico' blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award. (http://www.arteypico.blogspot.com/ )
5. To show these rules

***************************

Well I jinxed myself! I haven't listed a thing since my last post! I've also got about 200 emails that I haven't read - yipes. I have, however finished another piece for the Row House swap that I am in (Yes, I know I said I'd never do another swap - and yet here I am. But this sounded so fun!). I am including the house I made, below, for See It Say It Saturday in the swap, and now this one:



And...I can't stop! I made another stamp! Blame Michelle Ward and her Art Crusade #18! Pretty soon I'll be scoring rubber down on the street corner, jonesin' during PTA meetings (as soon as I start going to them), I'll get behind on reading my emails, my house will fall into ruin, laundry will pile up...Wait! Those last 3 things have already happened! Now, was that before or after Crusade #18...?



On this one I accidentally started carving out what was supposed to be the positive space, realized it partway in and tried to correct. Then my knife slipped about six times! Still, it's not too far off from the original sketch.


Lastly, I'm published again! This time it is my writing. Robin Olson Mayberry invited me to submit art, a short story, essay, or a poem to be included in her newest 'zine. I submitted two essays and a poem she ended up using the poem and an excerpt from one of the essays! The 'zine is available from her Etsy store here. Later this month I think I will post one of the essays in its entirety here. But for now, go get a 'zine!

12 comments:

The Bag Lady's Art said...

Thank you Laurie! What a cool award!! Congrats on being published again! I will have to check out the zine. Love the new look on your blog:-)
xoxo
Pam

Suzan Buckner said...

Thank you Laurie!! You are too sweet to think of me!!! I really appreciate the award!BIG HUGS!! Suzan

Gina2424 said...

Wow....look at you! That is so nice. I am truly honored to be in such company, including yours! I love that row house pictured! Maybe I will get it! I will cross my fingers and toes. I just mailed mine today. I didn't even know who was in it until the other day. Congrats on the poem. I am off to check out that zine and also your etsy. Wouldn't it be fun to meet at the ZNE Convenzione?? (doodles leetle light bulb). PS- I have been meaning to blog about how much I have comment verification because I can never figure out the g's and the q's...and then I got my first spam! Ugh! Guess I'm gonna hafta.
Thanks again, GinaPS-I'm on vacay, so I may be little slow to post this award!

Gina2424 said...

Hi again...I mentioned you and the the House Row Swap on my blog...

Altered Kat said...

Congrats on your publication! SOOOOOO well deserved! and p.s. I just LOVE your SISIS!

Great colors!
Hugs,
Kat

michelle ward said...

Laurie - love the stamp!! I'm with you - every spare moment I have I'm trying to get more carving done.

Rosie said...

Congrats on that award - it's my favourite one! I was lucky enough to be in communication with Eseya who dreamt it up orginally!
I was here yesterday to comment and got completely lost in the vast expanse of the variety of your artwork... stunning creations and I can see why you've been published.
Thank you for coming to comment on my blog and I understand completely how addictive this carving and cutting is!!
BTW - your music is very easy on the ear - even my DH listened!!

ArtKat said...

Another great swirly stamp, very cool! And your row house - the color, the images - I love everything about it! :)

JeriAnn said...

I say damn the laundry and full speed ahead! Sounds (and looks) like you are going full throttle. Congratulations on the award and getting published and completing a swap and sneaking in more stamp carving. Vacuuming's loss is our gain!

kathy mccreedy said...

Congrats on being published! I can't tell where the "goof" in your cool carved rubber stamp is, so it's perfect as far as I'm concerned! VERY cool, girl!

jthom03 / Jan Thomason / thomranch@hctc.net said...

wow, you're so busy, so behind, that i pray that you actually get this comment because it's a nice one! lol
your stamps are sooooo cool! i wanna play! you're going to have to get me hooked up because i don't have a clue as to how you're making those way cool stamps - i love them!
when you get a minute, email me - would love to hear from you,
xoxo, jan

Judy said...

Hey Laurie,
Thanks so much for the honourable award, much appreciated.
xoxxoxoxo